Class 1: At the Beginning
Computer Basics: Level 1
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
This class is perfect for those with no prior computer experience or those who want to learn even more about software and hardware.
- Control panel
- Menu bars, tool bars and icons
- Function keys and help features
Class 2: Be In Charge: Use Your Computer with Confidence
Computer Basics: Level 2
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Develop the necessary skills to operate and enjoy your computer to its fullest. You will learn to be in charge of what is on your computer and where your files are stored, thus making it much easier for you to use it and locate files when you need them.
- File management techniques
- Create, close, open and manage files
- Create and save folders
- Burn a CD or copy files to a flash drive or external hard drive
Class 3: Keeping Your Computer Alive & Healthy
Computer Basics: Level 3
Tuesday – March 18, 2014
In this class we cover basic system maintenance and computer viruses. Learn how to keep your computer running smoothly.
- Anti-virus programs
- “System restore point”…everyone should have one
- Error messages
Class 4: Connecting to the World Wide Web - Internet Usefulness & Safety
Tuesday – March 20, 2014
- Internet browsing software
- Search for information and determine if it is reliable and accurate
- Create bookmarks/favorites and organize them
- Internet security
Class 5: Snail Mail verses Electronic mail - Basic E-Mail Technology
Tuesday – March 25, 2014
Learn how to setup, use and manage an e-mail account.
- E-mail safety
- Sending attachments
- Downloading an attachment
- Setting up folders
Class 6: Entertainment World - All About Music and Digital Pictures
Thursday – March 27, 2014
In this class some of the things you learn about…
- Digital cameras, how to download pictures and programs for editing pictures
- Music files and programs you can use including iTunes
Class 7: Social Kinship - Computer Based Social Networking
Thursday – April 1, 2014
Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, you've heard of them, but how do you use
them to your best advantage?
- Creating/updating a profile
- Using the various programs
- Safety tips
Class 8: Create a Powerful Document
Basic Microsoft Word® - Word Processing Program
Thursday – April 3, 2014
You will learn the essential skills for using this spreadsheet tool.
- Put together a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- Create an address book to save contacts
Class 9: Utilizing Word Fully
Basic Microsoft Word® - Word Features
Tuesday – April 8, 2014
In this class you will learn a variety of features within the Word program.
Class 10: Final Stages of Word - Basic Microsoft Word® - Word Printing
Thursday – April 10, 2014
In this class you will learn about saving your document, printing it and emailing it to others.