Toll Free: 1-800-247-7122
TTY: (262) 741-8492
Burlington Campus: (262) 767-5200
Elkhorn Campus: (262) 741-8200
Kenosha Campus: (262) 564-2200
Racine Campus: (262) 619-6200
Campus Closings: 1-800-353-3152
What is TRiO?
TRiO Student Support Services is our nation’s commitment to the dream of education for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background, economic circumstances or abilities.
The TRiO program benefits students by guiding them through the academic process. TRiO specialists will work one-on-one with students with disabilities to help them adjust to the demands of college. Tutoring and support will be provided to move students toward graduation and the potential of continuing their education at a four-year college. The TRiO specialists will work to coordinate events and activities for program participants.
Some examples of these activities are:
- Student Development Workshops
- Tutoring services
- Financial literacy education
- Financial aid (FAFSA) assistance
- Postgraduate transfer assistance
- Grant aid for qualified students
- Assistance navigating college resources
- Strengths training for students
Am I qualified to apply?
TRiO/Student Support Services is a federally funded program through the U.S. Department of Education. Federal guidelines are used to establish program eligibility.
Full-time and part-time students are eligible. To qualify, you must:
- be enrolled in a AAS or Tech Diploma program at Gateway Technical College.
- have a documented disability (verification on file in the Disability Services office)
- be a citizen of the United States or a legal permanent resident
- have an academic need and the ability to benefit from support services.
What is the definition of a student with a disability?
The term “disability” means, with respect to an individual, is:
- a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities of such individual
- a record of such an impairment
- being regarded as having such an impairment.
must be verified by one of Gateway’s Disability Support Service instructors in order to be eligible for the TRiO program. Please contact one of the following instructors on your campus for more information:
Deaf interpreter available upon request. Contact Lisa Sadowski email@example.com
How do I connect with the program?
Students can connect with the program by contacting one of the TRiO staff listed below:
Katherine Saunders, program lead specialist serving Burlington and Elkhorn area students.
Gateway Technical College
496 McCanna Pkwy
Burlington, WI 53105
(262) 767.5410 (O)
(262) 939.9710 (C)
Doreen Bratt, program specialist serving Kenosha and Racine area students.
Gateway Technical College
3520 30th Ave.
Kenosha, WI 53144
(262) 564.2318 (O)
(262) 945.0560 (C)