Requirements of the Program
- Possess a Wisconsin Apprenticeship Completion Certificate issued by the Department of Workforce Development-Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards registered program which includes a minimum of 400 hours of prescribed apprentice related technical instruction in the Wisconsin Technical College System and 6,048 hours of on the job training super-vised by a journey worker.
- Complete all prescribed WTCS apprentice related technical instruction.
- Possession of the DWD-BAS Wisconsin Apprenticeship Completion Certificate AND successful completion of all prescribed course-work fulfills the 39 credit minimum technical studies requirement of the TECHNICAL STUDIES - JOURNEY WORKER ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE.
Requirements for Graduation (60 Credit Hours)
- 39 credits Technical Studies (awarded as advanced standing)
- 21 credits General Studies required from the following:
- 6 credits Communications
- 3 credits Social Science
- 3 credits Behavioral Science
- 3 credits Mathematics and/or Natural Science
- 6 credits Additional from General Studies area
60 credits Total