By using a Census Date, students will receive their financial aid refunds 50% faster; approximately 3 weeks after the start of each semester.
Final eligibility for financial aid payments is determined by the number of fundable credits students are enrolled in and attending by the Census Date, which is defined as 14 calendar days from the start of each semester. After this date, adjustments will not be made if a student adds a class(es). Students are highly encouraged to register for all classes for the semester prior to the Census Date as no award adjustments will be made after the Census Date – class(es) added after the Census Date will not be funded by financial aid.
Financial aid cannot be disbursed to a student if he or she is not attending class(es) by the Census Date. The financial aid award will be recalculated for any class(es) that are recorded as "dropped" (D) or "withdrawn" (W) and the reason is "never attended". Students may be required to repay the financial aid that they receive if they drop a class(es), the instructor drops them from class(es), they never attend a class(es) and/or if the discontinue attending a class(es).
2014-2015 Census Dates
- Summer Semester - May 25, 2014
- Fall Semester - September 15, 2014
- Spring Semester - January 25, 2015
After the Census Date:
- adjustments will not be made for additional class(es) a student registers for,
- A student's award may be recalculated for class(es) he or she does not attend and/or,
- they may have to repay all or a portion of the financial aid funds they received if they never attended a class(es)