Now accepting student applications for the HEADS UP Mentoring program. Application deadline: February 5, 2014. Click to apply.
Your future is important and the Multicultural Program takes pride in preparing and educating students for what lies ahead. Whether you are furthering your education, embarking on a new career or both; the Multicultural Program will assist you on your journey.
Gateway’s Multicultural Program is excited to announce the launch of the HEADS UP Male Mentoring initiative! HEADS UP will provide male student participants with a positive connection to campus as well as intensive guidance and support as they complete their program of study and transition into their professional or post-secondary steps, post-graduation.
Mentors will consist of Gateway faculty, staff and/or administration. Mentee cohort will consist of male students enrolled in a post-secondary program. Multicultural Program staff will pair committed mentors and mentees for an entire semester.
Benefits of Having a Mentor:
- Insider’s perspective on navigating your career
- Someone to bounce ideas off
- A champion to cheer you on
- Hold you accountable
- Receive critical feedback
- Help you to make decisions about your career path
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences
- Provide you with impartial advice
- Boost your career prospects and growth
- Open doors for you
- Help you to succeed if you do the work
- Gain access to your mentor’s network of contacts
- Learn from their real-world experiences
- Learn specific skills and knowledge that are relevant to professional goals
- Expand your leadership abilities
- Increase the capacity to translate values and strategies into productive actions
- Allow for increased self-awareness and self-discipline
Mark your calendars:
2/6 HEADS UP Mentee Orientation
2/13 HEADS UP Mentor & Mentee Kick-Off Event
Questions? Please feel free to reach out to your Multicultural Student Support Specialist:
Vanessa Pérez, Racine – Burlington
P: 262.619.6440 | E: email@example.com
Julani Bayan, Kenosha – Elkhorn
P: 262-564-2546 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org