Toll Free: 1-800-247-7122
TTY: (262) 741-8492
Burlington Campus: (262) 767-5200
Elkhorn Campus: (262) 741-8200
Kenosha Campus: (262) 564-2200
Racine Campus: (262) 619-6200
Campus Closings: 1-800-353-3152
Gateway’s Multicultural Program encourages the success of students of color by offering comprehensive services which promote academic achievement, career building, cross cultural engagement, and leadership development.
Your future is important and the Multicultural Program is excited about the opportunity to prepare and educate you for what lies ahead. As you further your education and embark on a new career, the Multicultural Program will assist you on your journey. Please do not hesitate to call on us for assistance.
The Multicultural Program provides opportunities and guidance through various services including:
Academic Support & Student Advocacy
- One-on-One Personalized Assistance Students can develop an academic plan, including student’s strengths, educational needs and academic progress, learn about college and community resources, and engage in college success conversations.
- Tutoring Multicultural Program tutors are available in a variety of subjects to provide additional assistance or instruction in coursework.
- Student Success Workshops Monthly workshops offer a comprehensive array of topics including employability skills, personal finance, and student development.
- Career Development Participants receive assistance and tips on how to write a resume and cover letter as well as interview techniques and assistance with job/ internship searches.
- Transition Services Students looking to move onto the next level of education receive assistance with reviewing career options and the enrollment process.
- Early Alert Students receive early notification when mid-term grades and instructor feed-back are available, as well as information on mid-term preparation and academic resources on campus.
- Multicultural Leadership Seminars: The Multicultural Program provides a series of workshops and seminars throughout the year that focus on academic, professional and leadership development.
- Alliance for Multicultural Students AMS student club provides development and leadership opportunities through college and community engagement activities.
- Cultural Programming The Multicultural Program collaborates with Gateway’s Student Activities office and hosts events that help to create a climate of inclusion and cultural consciousness.