Toll Free: 1-800-247-7122
TTY: (262) 741-8492
Burlington Campus: (262) 767-5200
Elkhorn Campus: (262) 741-8200
Kenosha Campus: (262) 564-2200
Racine Campus: (262) 619-6200
Campus Closings: 1-800-353-3152
Knives and proper knife skills are important for chefs. Each knife has its function in order to make the chef's job easier.
- Carving knife- used for carving meats
- Bread knife- used for slicing loaves of bread
- French knife or Chef's knife- used for chopping, cutting, dicing and mincing
- Boning Knife- used for removing bones in fish, meat and chicken
- Paring knife- used for removing seeds, and chopping and and peeling
Mirepoix is the mixture of chopped onions, celery and carrots and is used as the basis to flavor many dishes.