If you are currently attending another college or university...
and want to take courses at Gateway and transfer the credits back to the college or university you are currently attending, you are a Guest Student.
Visit the Transfer Information System, an information and transfer guide for students and staff in the University of Wisconsin & the Wisconsin Technical College systems, to find out what courses will transfer back to your institution.
Are you a current Gateway Student?
Are you interested in becoming a Gateway student?
Take and transfer courses
Taking courses at Gateway to transfer back to your home college or university is easy. In three steps you can be ready to take your courses:
- Create a WebAdvisor Account.
Complete the Guest Student Application and return it to Gateway’s Admissions office.
Before turning the Guest Student Application in, get a signature from an appropriate official at your home college (such as your counselor or advisor).
- Provide official ACT/SAT scores or official college transcript to Gateway along with your Guest Student Application. You will receive a Guest Student acceptance letter with information on how to register for classes.
- Forward to Admissions Office, 400 County Road H, Elkhorn, WI 53121, fax 262.741.8115.
- Once your application has been received, you will be provided registration information or notified of any missing information.
- Before turning the Guest Student Application in, get a signature from an appropriate official at your home college (such as your counselor or advisor).
- Register for the classes at www.gtc.edu/webadvisor.
- Pay your tuition through WebAdvisor.
Guest Students should note:
- Gateway Technical College does not offer financial aid to Guest Students. Guest Students must work with their home institution to develop a consortium agreement with Gateway to utilize financial aid at the home institution.
- It is important you are aware of the prerequisites for Gateway classes. As a Guest Student, prerequisites will be met by either verification of academic standing by your home institution (signature on application) or by ACT/SAT scores that meet the prerequisite requirement. Review prerequisites for Gateway courses at www.gtc.edu/webadvisor click ‘Search for Classes’.
- A few individual courses that lead to a certification are actually considered programs. If you are interested in taking a course that would lead to a certification (i.e. Nursing Assistant, EMT) you must follow all outlined admissions requirements for that program.
- Due to limited enrollment for Gateway’s program students, some core program courses are not available to guest students.
- Gateway does not guarantee the transferability of courses to your home institution. It is recommended that you check with your university or college to ensure you are taking courses that will transfer.
- In-state tuition fees apply to Internet courses offered by Gateway. If you are not a resident of Wisconsin, out-of-state tuition will be charged for all other courses.
- A Guest Student Application is valid for the course/s listed on the application for the semester you have identified. A new Guest Student Application must be completed if you would like to take additional or different courses.