Gateway Technical Foundation, Inc. offers more than 120 scholarships to incoming and continuing students. No paper applications are accepted. An electronic application must be completed online at https://gtc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com. There are separate application forms for incoming students and for continuing students.
President’s Opportunity Scholarships (incoming student scholarships)
Congratulations to the 2012 President's Opportunity Scholarship recipients:
- Kayla Decker, Big Foot High School - Walworth County
- Evelyn Ayala, Bradford High School - Kenosha County
- Ryan Schweiger, Burlington High School - Racine County
- Sara Frymark, East Troy High School - Walworth County
- Aurea Ayala, Elkhorn Area High School - Walworth County
- Jake Billings, Elkhorn Area High School - Walworth County
- Austin Nehls, Indian Trail Academy - Kenosha County
- Kristine Fandry, J.I. Case High School - Racine County
- Taylor Gorman, Lutheran High School - Racine County
- Kara Borths, Shoreland Lutheran High School - Kenosha County
- Bhinder Singh, Tremper High School - Kenosha County
- Kayla Flynn, William Horlick High School - Racine County
- Belinda Monroy, Wilmot Union High School - Kenosha County
High school seniors attending schools in Kenosha, Racine and Walworth counties are eligible to apply for a $500 President’s Opportunity Scholarship. A scholarship is awarded to one student from each area high school in the spring.
The application period runs from January to March each year. Interested students should apply online at https://gtc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com.
Continuing Student Scholarships
Students currently attending Gateway Technical College, who are not in their final semester, can apply for more than 150 scholarships offered through Gateway Technical College Foundation, Inc. These scholarships range from $300 to more than $4,000.
Although each scholarship has its own criteria, continuing student applicants do not apply for any specific scholarship. All applicants complete the same electronic application. Based on each applicant’s answers, the online system matches the student to any scholarship(s) for which the student is eligible. It is possible that a student can receive more than one scholarship.
The application period for continuing student scholarships runs from August 27 to October 8, 2013. Interested students should apply online at https://gtc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com.
Establishing a Scholarship
You can support Gateway Technical College Foundation and Gateway students by establishing a scholarship. There are several funding options:
- Endowed scholarships provide a perpetual income to fund future scholarship awards. A minimum gift of $10,000 (which may be made over several years) is necessary to establish an endowed scholarship. A portion of the earnings is awarded each year.
- Annual scholarships provide awards for full and part-time students each year. A minimum annual gift of $500 is necessary to establish an annual named scholarship.
- Program scholarships with gifts of any amount can be used to support students in a specific career program. Smaller gifts are pooled to create program scholarships.
For information about Gateway Technical College Foundation or to discuss a contribution, please contact Jennifer Charpentier, executive director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (262)564-2866 or by mail at Gateway Technical College Foundation, Inc., 3520 30th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53144.