Gateway Technical Foundation, Inc. offers more than 120 scholarships to incoming and continuing students. No paper applications are accepted. An electronic application must be completed online at https://gtc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com. There are separate application forms for incoming students and for continuing students.
President’s Opportunity Scholarships (incoming student scholarships)
Congratulations to the 2013 President's Opportunity Scholarship recipients:
- Alexandria Cobb, Real School - Racine County
- Mayra Cruz, Indian Trail Academy - Kenosha County
- Sam Dowding, Honey Creek Academy - Racine County
- Catherine Edwards, Central High School - Kenosha County
- Destiny Erhardt, Walden III - Racine County
- Ashley Friedrich, Bradford High School - Kenosha County
- John Guske, Badger High School - Walworth County
- Steven Hamilton-Shouldice, East Troy High School - Walworth County
- Cassandra Hinojosa, Delavan-Darien High School - Walworth County
- Paul Hoskins, Wilmot Union High School - Kenosha County
- Dakota Hubbard, Indian Trail Academy - Kenosha County
- Sierra Jones, E- School
- Liam Kopp, Shoreland Lutheran High School - Kenosha County
- Anicella Pettis, Burlington High School - Racine County
- Austin Shore, Lakeview Technology Academy - Kenosha County
- David Teddy, Union Grove Union High School - Racine County
- Jennifer Tiernan, Tremper High School - Kenosha County
High school seniors attending schools in Kenosha, Racine and Walworth counties are eligible to apply for a $500 President’s Opportunity Scholarship. A scholarship is awarded to one student from each area high school in the spring.
The application period runs from January to March each year. Interested students should apply online at https://gtc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com.
Additional Gateway Foundation Scholarships offered to high school seniors:
- Jeremy Glodowski, Union Grove Union High School - Racine County, Gateway To Success
- Thomas Ruge, Union Grove Union High School - Racine County, Gateway To Success
- Tyler Stoxen, Central High School - Kenosha County, Gateway To Success
- Ashlynn Maddern, Tremper High School - Kenosha County, The LMI Packaging Solutions THECHET Scholarship
- Tyler Stoxen, Central High School - Kenosha County, Gateway Central High School Scholarship
Continuing Student Scholarships
Students currently attending Gateway Technical College, who are not in their final semester, can apply for more than 150 scholarships offered through Gateway Technical College Foundation, Inc. These scholarships range from $300 to more than $4,000.
Although each scholarship has its own criteria, continuing student applicants do not apply for any specific scholarship. All applicants complete the same electronic application. Based on each applicant’s answers, the online system matches the student to any scholarship(s) for which the student is eligible. It is possible that a student can receive more than one scholarship.
The application period for continuing student scholarships runs from August 27 to October 8, 2013. Interested students should apply online at https://gtc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com.
Establishing a Scholarship
You can support Gateway Technical College Foundation and Gateway students by establishing a scholarship. There are several funding options:
- Endowed scholarships provide a perpetual income to fund future scholarship awards. A minimum gift of $10,000 (which may be made over several years) is necessary to establish an endowed scholarship. A portion of the earnings is awarded each year.
- Annual scholarships provide awards for full and part-time students each year. A minimum annual gift of $500 is necessary to establish an annual named scholarship.
- Program scholarships with gifts of any amount can be used to support students in a specific career program. Smaller gifts are pooled to create program scholarships.
For information about Gateway Technical College Foundation or to discuss a contribution, please contact Jennifer Charpentier, executive director, via email at email@example.com, by telephone at (262)564-2866 or by mail at Gateway Technical College Foundation, Inc., 3520 30th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53144.