Welcome to Gateway Technical College! Gateway has been providing quality accommodation services to students who are Deaf or hard of hearing for many years. We currently offer services to Deaf or hard of hearing students on our Racine, Kenosha, Elkhorn and Burlington Campuses and at our off campus sites, as needed.
What can you expect from your services at Gateway Technical College?
- GTC provides accessibility according to the Americans with Disabilities Act and the 504 Rehabilitation Act.
- Specialists are available in Elkhorn, Burlington, Racine and Kenosha to assist you in registering for classes, arranging accommodations and answering any questions.
- All interpreters hold State of Wisconsin Licensure.
- Interpreters are provided for all classes, tutoring sessions, field trips and campus activities. Please request services well in advance.
- Notetakers are provided for each of your classes, every semester.
- Gateway offers assisted listening devices and C-Print Captioning to our hard of hearing students. You will be able to reserve this device for your use throughout the semester.
- Video Phones are currently available on the Elkhorn and Racine Campuses.
To find out more, or to meet with a Deaf/Hard of Hearing Specialist in your area, please contact:
Lisa Sadowski, D/HH Specialist
Office: 262-564-2564 (Voice)
To contact an advisor on your campus:
We look forward to working with you!